Serious Business

First off, an apology.  A number of my loyal legion of fans have expressed concern at the lack of updates to my blog.  While I can appreciate the distress this has caused some of you I would like to make it quite clear that it is in fact all Mrs G’s fault.

She has had me working under a very strict chore regime.  Just this morning, for instance, I have had to clean the bathroom, spray and polish the apartment, do the laundry (clothes currently in dryer – no doubt SWMBO will expect me to iron them today as well), make a cup of tea and make a pot of coffee.  And it’s only just turned 10 o’clock!

When I’m not being run into the ground in this manner she decides that she should get priority on the laptop for the trivial business of writing essays and such like.  Fortunately she has a very busy schedule today so I’ve decided to make the most of the opportunity and share some more ramblings.

Having purchased an American Xbox 360 not so long ago I have been able to indulge in a spot of gaming when Mrs G deigns to allow me some free time.  That I have repeatedly saved the universe from complete destruction several times has had absolutely no bearing on the lack of blog updates I can assure you.

I had to use my amazing hacking skills to get my 360 connected to Xbox Live but I can now game and chat with my online friends whenever I like.  It’s as though I never left the UK.

It’s actually getting cold in New Haven now.  It can still be mild during the day but short sleeves in the evening are now a no-no.  We’re planning a trip to New York sometime in the very near future to stock up on winter woollies.  And to do a bit of sightseeing.

Other trips we’re currently looking at include Vermont, Florida and Boston.  Each trip will of course be the subject of an in-depth blog entry.  We spent part of our honeymoon in Boston ten years ago (December ‘98) and are hoping we’ll be able to go again somewhere around the time of our anniversary.

“Enough of all this” I hear you cry.  “We want to hear about important things”.  Of course you do dear readers, so without further ado let me satisfy your urgent need to learn of significant matters.

Cereal.  After the Apple Jacks ran out we took the advice of a number of our American friends and went with Cinnamon Toast Crunch (a very crunchy cereal made of toasted cinnamon squares) and Cap’n Crunch’s Peanut Butter Crunch (balls of crunchy peanut butter tasting stuff).

Cap’n Crunch’s Peanut Butter Crunch is possibly the greatest cereal ever created.  Seriously.  How could something containing Niacinamide, Thiamin Mononitrate and Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (among other things) not be fabulous?

Once we finished those I bought a box of Newman’s Own Sweet Enough which is flakes with bits of strawberries.  Kind of like Special K.  While this may not seem terribly exciting compared to other cereals I’ve mentioned I bought it the week following the legendary actor’s death.  It seemed a fitting tribute (much easier than eating 50 boiled eggs in any event).

We’re currently nearing the end of our Maple Pecan Crunch (you can probably work that one out) and Reese’s Puffs (Hershey’s Cocoa & Reese’s Peanut Butter Sweet and Crunchy Corn Puffs).

I hope you are as excited as I am about what comes next!!

Must dash for now, Mrs G’s just got home and I need to look busy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Paul - I love your blog! It's really interesting to see your views of the election from the other side of the pond...your blog also makes me smile, which is no bad thing!
Sal